16th Janurary By James Smith
5. Loss of Earth's Magnetic Field: A stationary Earth would likely spell the end of its magnetic field, crucial for protecting us from cosmic rays and solar storms.
4. End of Hurricanes: These massive storms rely on Coriolis forces generated by the planet's rotation. Halting the spin would eliminate the conditions necessary for hurricanes to form.
3. Drastic Changes in Geography: A change in air currents could result in drastic changes in the geography of a region.
2. Disruption of Biological Circadian Rhythms: These rhythms, which govern behaviour patterns, would be disrupted.
1. Objects Flying Eastward: The planet's eastward rotation propels everything on its surface eastward at speeds of around 1,000 miles per hour at the equator.